ISTANBUL (CIHAN)- The long-term foreign debt owed by
Observers have warned that increasing foreign debts should serve as a wake-up call; the Turkish lira is losing value against the US dollar and the large amount of external debt in US dollars is a concern for Turkish businesses that borrow money in dollars while earning lira. The lira was 0.25 percent weaker against the US dollar on Tuesday compared to Monday's closing; it was traded at 2.181 per dollar. The main stock exchange Borsa Istanbul (BIST) was 0.79 percent down at 65,084 by midday.
Between the end of 2012 and
Regarding the sectoral distribution of long-term loans in the private sector, by the end of December of last year, 54.9 percent of liabilities, or
(Cihan/Today's Zaman) CIHAN
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?