OW2, the global community for open source infrastructure software, announces the program of the first of its Open Cloud Forum Series, organised at Cloud Expo Europe in
The Open Cloud Forum Series are events dedicated to promoting open source cloud projects and market offerings as well as awareness for interoperability in the cloud. The Open Cloud Forum Series leverage OW2's open source expertise and its support for many open cloud projects. The next two events in 2014 will be organised in
Open Cloud Forum Hands-on Tutorials:
Three tutorials of three hours each will be proposed to participants, enabling them to improve their basic technical knowledge and skills on how to build and use a cloud with the OpenStack, CloudStack and OpenNebula IaaS platforms.
The “Open Cloud European Who's Who R&D Projects” session proposed by the OCEAN project will showcase state-of-the-heart open cloud technologies:
• HARNESS: Hardware- and Network-Enhanced Software Systems for Cloud Computing
• ClouT: Cloud of Things for Empowering Citizen Clouds in Smart Cities
• Improving the agility of Cloud Ecosystems with MODAClouds
• OPTIMIS: Cloud but Better
• ARTIST: a General Approach to Cloudify Applications
OW2 community flagship open cloud projects and initiatives
Learn about OW2 community's flagship open cloud projects and initiatives:
• Uforge, Application Automation and Marketplace Platform: Cooperation with the OW2 community, by UShareSoft
• Emerginov, A Telco Web PaaS for African Cloud, by Orange
• Why an Open Cloud Broker? by CompatibleOne
Open Source and Cloud Service Providers round table
Panelists representing hosting service providers with Rackspace and Cloudwatt and the cloud federation community with the Oxford eResearch Centre, will discuss the role of open source software in the cloud computing market and its challenges for the future. The panel will be moderated by OW2 CEO CÉdric Thomas.
“The Open Cloud Forums are a unique series of event dedicated to the world of open cloud technologies,” says OW2 CEO
Registration is open and free through the Cloud Expo Europe online registration system
On the exhibition floor OW2 community and its projects OpenCloudware and OCEAN can be found at booth #520, together with its partners CompatibleOne, Prologue and Cloudwatt.
OW2 is an independent industry community dedicated to developing open source code infrastructure (middleware and generic applications) and to fostering a vibrant community and business ecosystem.
About Cloud Expo Europe
Cloud Expo Europe is EMEA’s leading event for senior IT decision makers in client side organisations and the cloud industry. The two-day event boasts a tightly focused exhibition space and an action-packed conference programme which offers more than 100 hours of high quality content across 10 dedicated theatres.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/Open_Cloud_Forum_by_OW2/Cloud_Expo_Europe/prweb11583873.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence