Lower copper prices will place renewed importance on shifting away from export- and investment-led growth to a more diversified economic growth trajectory, one that is more reliant on private consumption. If private consumption takes an increased share of
Full Report Details at
Headline Industry Data
* Air freight tonnage is forecast to rise by 5.3% in 2014 to reach 352.6mn tonnes.
* Total tonnes at the port of Valparaiso forecast to rise 1.7%, to 10.67mn tonnes in 2014, with average growth of 3.0% over the next five years.
x * Rail freight tonnage is forecast to grow by 0.9% in 2014, reaching 27.63mn tonnes, with average growth of 1.2% over the next five years.
Key Industry Trends
Fined For Price-Fixing: In the last quarter of 2013, LATAM Cargo was fined by a Canadian court of price-fixing. LATAM admitted the charges, and was charged
Investment In Port Infrastructure Supports Growth Forecast: Considerable investment in the expansion of Valparaiso Port confirms our positive outlook on
Casual Port Workers Threaten Strike Over Debt: Casual workers at
Risks To Outlook
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Vietnam Freight Transport Report Q2 2014
- Australia Freight Transport Report Q2 2014
- Iran Freight Transport Report Q1 2014
- Israel Freight Transport Report Q1 2014
- South Korea Freight Transport Report Q1 2014
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March