Youths will soon be able to borrow loans from the Sh6 billion
The only hurdle now remains the official publication of the regulations.
Before the regulations were approved, members agreed that each constituency would get at least Sh19 million.
Ms Odhiambo will also face the
Before the exchange, Majority Leader
"Between the membership of the two Houses, those who need these regulations most are the members of the
He said members of the
"Our people have waited for these for too long," he said.
Delegated Legislation Committee chairman William Cheptumo said the rules would retain the distribution of the fund at the constituency level.
He said after the regulations were passed, the
But he cautioned that too many bodies would eventually cause delays in the disbursement of the funds.
"If we pass these regulations, we'll be having at least Sh19 million to our constituencies. We need that money to begin to help our youth and our women so that they participate in the development of our country," he said.
She said she would have wanted officials of the Youth and Women Enterprise funds included so that groups that default on payments in other funds do not find their way to Uwezo.
Jubilee leaders had promised during their campaigns that they would set up the fund with the money that would have been used to pay for a run-off presidential election. They used the pledge to rally the youth to vote in large numbers to avoid a second round.
Cord challenged the results of the election at the
Most Popular Stories
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Senators Reach Deal on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Deborah Hersman Quits NTSB
- Swedish Journalist Nils Horner Shot Dead in Kabul
- Job Openings Less Than Expected in January
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Bob Crow Remembered as Shrewd Champion of Union Workers
- El Empleo Rebota: La Columna Cohen