The result for the six months to
Underlying earnings and which exclude one-off writedowns and rose 31 percent to a higher than forecast
The numbers helped push BHPs share price nearly two percent higher in morning trade to Aus$38.71 with IG Markets strategist
Were seeing some fairly good gains as it stands," he said of the stock.
BHP chief executive
He said the Anglo-Australian company, which has scaled back or postponed tens of billions of dollars of investments in recent years as commodity prices slumped, had slashed operating costs by
The commitment we made 18 months ago to deliver more tonnes and more barrels from our existing infrastructure at a lower unit cost is delivering tangible results," he said.
Annualised productivity-led volume and cost efficiencies totalling
With strong free cash flow, selective investment and continued simplification, we are well placed to extend our strong track record of capital management," he added.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law