Gold hit a three-and-a-half-month high yesterday as fears over US economic growth following a series of disappointing data sent the dollar to a six-week low and lifted demand for the metal.
"We've had a pause in selling off emerging markets, bond volatility has fallen… so the traditional things you assume are taking place when gold is being bid because of its insurance component are not active, yet gold is being bought," said
Gold has risen 10 percent this year, after a 28 percent drop last year. - Reuters
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign