stocks booked their highest close on record yesterday, as media group
"Their life of mine profile is longer, so you can discount even more years of earnings into the share price, and that's the reason why it's been re-rated today," said
The Top40 index rose 0.92 percent to a record closing level of |42 478.88. The all share finished 0.86 percent higher at 47 027.54, marking the second consecutive session of gains for the market.
Last week offshore investors were net buyers of R1.2 billion worth of South African shares, data from the JSE showed yesterday. That was a reversal of the trend this year, as investors remained net sellers of South African shares to the tune of R5.8bn. - Reuters
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Lilo Comes Clean on Celebrity Sex List