The company, whose brands include
Overall, profits rose 10% to
But its shares have dropped 86p to £20.21, making it the biggest faller in the
IHG has reported solid 2013 preliminary results. There is no new news on the further return of cash to shareholders, but a further
If the annual inflation rate were to drop to 1.9%, and the general consensus would appear to be that it might, then market expectations of a future interest rate rise are likely to be kept on the back burner for a little while yet.
Elsewhere BHP Billiton has added 16p to £19.28 following a 31% surge in first half profits to
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?