Feb. 18--A gubernatorial hopeful will make a North Texas swing Tuesday to rally supporters leading to the March 4 party primaries.
Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott is sure to draw a crowd at 3:10 p.m. at 8th Street Coffee House at 710 Eighth St.
Making the Get Out The Vote trip with Abbott is legendary rocker and polarizing political figure Ted Nugent.
Ave Huerta, press secretary for the Abbott campaign, said the pair share the same interests in protecting the Second Amendment.
"This is something they have done in the past," he said. "They were at CNN with Piers Morgan regarding Second Amendment rights, so they're both advocates for the Second Amendment and ensuring Texans have the ability to have guns."
Huerta said that while he could discuss the background of the pair, it would be better for Abbott to discuss particulars Tuesday.
Abbott came to Wichita Falls in July to declare his candidacy for governor after Gov. Rick Perry announced he would not seek re-election.
The attorney general also has a scheduled stop in Denton this morning.
(c)2014 the Times Record News (Wichita Falls, Texas)
Visit the Times Record News (Wichita Falls, Texas) at www.timesrecordnews.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Original headline: BRIEF: Abbott, Nugent in Wichita Falls
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO