These companies are
Among the companies, Omantel's 142.5 million share-issue will be the first one to hit the market (sometime in April), which will be followed by two power producers in the first half of this year.
Omantel IPO in two parts
Omantel earlier said that the issue will be in two parts — a private placement of share in favour of Omani institutions, followed by an initial public offering for Omani citizens.
Omantel plans to offer 142.5 million shares or 19 per of government's stake in the majority state-owned telecommunication firm, which will reduce government ownership to 51 per cent from 70 per cent now.
The first phase will be a private placement for those who invest above
Two Omani electricity generating companies also plan initial public offers of their shares by June or July this year. Al Suwaidi Power Co., which runs a 750 megawatt plant in Barka, earlier said it would offer a 35 per cent stake to the public. Al
"This time, the
Al Maha Ceramics last year said its stakeholders are planning to divest 40 per cent of their holding in the company.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder