The builder of the world's tallest tower Burj Khalifa also reported a 25% growth in revenue to AED 10.33bn in 2013. Revenue was boosted by recurring proceeds from Emaar's shopping malls, retail and hospitality, and leisure business units, which together contributed AED 4.8bn in combined revenue (46% of the total). Revenue from the company's foreign operations in 2013 reached AED 1.2bn (11% of the total).
Standard & Poor's has recently raised its long-term corporate credit rating on Emaar Properties to BBB- from BB+ on improving financial performance. The outlook is stable. The latter reflects S&P's assessment of Emaar's recurring cash flow generation from leasing activities, the improving performance of its hospitality assets, and the build-up of a presold, high-margin development pipeline in
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Grand Jury Seated in Rick Perry Ethics Case
- U.S. Homebuilder Confidence Edged Up in April
- Alfonso Wins Executive of the Year Award
- The 420 on the Hemp Products Giveaway
- German Firm Starts Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- Five Secrets for Keeping a Job
- Study: Casual Marijuana Use May Cause Brain Changes
- Coca-Cola Soda Sales Lose Pop
- Miami Attorney Being Honored for Charity Work