At noon, the dollar fetched
The euro was quoted at
The dollar moved in a narrow range above the
"Soft U.S. economic figures announced the previous day created a somewhat risk-averse mood in the market," prompting buying of the yen, deemed a relatively safe asset, said
But the U.S. currency's further decline has been staved off by expectation of a gradual recovery in the U.S. economy as market participants appear to believe a series of weak economic data are weather-related, Kameoka added.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?