At noon, the dollar fetched
The euro was quoted at
The dollar moved in a narrow range above the
"Soft U.S. economic figures announced the previous day created a somewhat risk-averse mood in the market," prompting buying of the yen, deemed a relatively safe asset, said
But the U.S. currency's further decline has been staved off by expectation of a gradual recovery in the U.S. economy as market participants appear to believe a series of weak economic data are weather-related, Kameoka added.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic