Cygnus, built by the
The spacecraft had lifted off on
It also carried 23 experiments designed by students, including a colony of ants.
The next ISS supply mission using a Cygnus capsule is scheduled for May.
Since the end of the space shuttle program in 2011, crew members travel to and from the ISS aboard Russian Soyuz spacecraft.
The Cygnus capsule is disposable and will be burned up when it enters the Earth's atmosphere. EFEUSA
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock