Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection; Comment Request
A Notice by the
This article has a comment period that ends in 30 days (03/20/2014) Submit a formal comment
Dates: Comments on this notice must be received by
Entry Type: Notice
Document Citation: 79 FR 9209
Page: 9209 -9211 (3 pages)
Document Number: 2014-03484
Shorter URL: https://federalregister.gov/a/2014-03484
This notice announces the intention of the
This proposed information collection was previously published in the
* Exhibit 1--Estimated Annualized Burden Hours (https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2014/02/18/2014-03484/agency-information-collection-activities-proposed-collection-comment-request#t-1)
* Exhibit 2--Estimated annualized cost burden (https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2014/02/18/2014-03484/agency-information-collection-activities-proposed-collection-comment-request#t-2)
Comments on this notice must be received by
Written comments should be submitted to:
Copies of the proposed collection plans, data collection instruments, and specific details on the estimated burden can be obtained from the AHRQ Reports Clearance Officer.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
In 1999, the
Rationale for the information collection. The Pharmacy SOPS survey and the Pharmacy SOPS Comparative Database will support AHRQ's goals of promoting improvements in the quality and safety of health care in pharmacy settings. The survey, toolkit materials, and comparative database results are all made publicly available on AHRQ's Web site. Technical assistance is provided by AHRQ through its contractor at no charge to pharmacies, to facilitate the use of these materials for pharmacy patient safety and quality improvement.
The goal of this project is to create the Pharmacy SOPS Comparative Database. This database will:
(1) Allow pharmacies to compare their patient safety culture survey results with those of other pharmacies,
(2) provide data to pharmacies to facilitate internal assessment and learning in the patient safety improvement process, and
(3) provide supplemental information to help pharmacies identify their strengths and areas with potential for improvement in patient safety culture.
This study is being conducted by AHRQ through its contractor,
Method of Collection
To achieve these goals the following data collections will be implemented:
(1) Registration Form--The point-of-contact (POC), the pharmacy manager or a survey participating organization, completes a number of data submission steps and forms, beginning with completion of an online Registration Form. The purpose of this form is to collect basic demographic information about the pharmacy and initiate the registration process.
(2) Pharmacy Background Characteristics Form--The purpose of this form, completed by the pharmacy manager or a participating organization, is to collect background characteristics of the pharmacy. This information will be used to analyze data collected with the Pharmacy SOPS survey.
3) Data Use Agreement--The purpose of the data use agreement, completed by the pharmacy manager or participating organization is to state how data submitted by pharmacies will be used and provide confidentiality assurances.
(4) Data Files Submission -POCs upload their data file(s), using the pharmacy data file specifications, to ensure that users submit standardized and consistent data in the way variables are named, coded, and formatted. The number of submissions to the database is likely to vary each year because pharmacies do not administer the survey and submit data every year.
Survey data from the
Estimated Annual Respondent Burden
Exhibit 1 shows the estimated annualized burden hours for the respondent's time to participate in the database. An estimated 150 POCs, each representing an average of 10 individual pharmacies each, will complete the database submission steps and forms annually. Completing the registration form will take about 5 minutes. The Pharmacy Background Characteristics Form is completed by all POCs for each of their pharmacies (150 x 10 = 1,500 forms in total) and is estimated to take 5 minutes to complete. Each POC will complete a data use agreement which takes 3 minutes to complete and submitting the data will take an hour on average. The total burden is estimated to be 296 hours.
Exhibit 2 shows the estimated annualized cost burden based on the respondents' time to submit their data. The cost burden is estimated to be
See tables: https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2014/02/18/2014-03484/agency-information-collection-activities-proposed-collection-comment-request
Mean hourly wage rate of
Request for Comments
In accordance with the above-cited Paperwork Reduction Act legislation, comments on AHRQ's information collection are requested with regard to any of the following: (a) Whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of AHRQ health care research, quality improvement and information dissemination functions, including whether the information will have practical utility; (b) the accuracy of AHRQ's estimate of burden (including hours and costs) of the proposed collection(s) of information; (c) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and (d) ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information upon the respondents, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and included in the Agency's subsequent request for OMB approval of the proposed information collection. All comments will become a matter of public record.
TNS 30TagarumaMar-140218-4640476 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Senators Reach Deal on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Deborah Hersman Quits NTSB
- Swedish Journalist Nils Horner Shot Dead in Kabul
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Job Openings Less Than Expected in January
- Bob Crow Remembered as Shrewd Champion of Union Workers
- El Empleo Rebota: La Columna Cohen