Financial services group Clientele reported a 21% increase in diluted headline earnings per share to 54.62c for the six months to December from the same time a year earlier.
The group said earnings were driven by an improvement in new business volumes and quality.
Net insurance premiums increased by 11% R636.9m during the period‚ with the value of new business leaping 128% to a record level of R325.2m.
The insurer said its focus for the future would be to continue the momentum that had been built in production and to maintain the quality of new business together with initiatives to improve withdrawals in respect of older duration policies.
Clientele did not declare an interim dividend. Based on the current share price Clientele is valued at R4,83bn.
All rights reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security