Feb. 18--Robocoin plans to bring its bitcoin ATMs to the United States, the Las Vegas-based company announced Tuesday.
Robocoin will open the digital currency ATMs in Seattle and Austin later this month, Reuters reported.
The ATMs will allow users to buy and sell bitcoins by scanning their driver's license or other government-issued identification into the machine -- a requirement that may trouble users who rely on the anonymity of bitcoin.
Robocoin set up its first bitcoin ATM in Vancouver last fall and is slated to open one in Calgary, Alberta. The company hopes to soon expand to Asia and Europe, Reuters said.
(c)2014 The Washington Times (Washington, DC)
Visit The Washington Times (Washington, DC) at www.washingtontimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Original headline: BRIEF: Bitcoin ATMs coming to Seattle, Austin
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- myLINGO Translates Hollywood Films into Spanish
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- Toledo Jeep Plant Hiring Part-Timers
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying
- OECD Forecasts Slowdown in Global Growth