Speaking at a media briefing to announce its forthcoming annual conference scheduled for
"Private equity and venture capital plays a crucial role in financing the small and medium scale enterprise (SME) sector, the engine of economic growth the world over. Private equity fund managers also play a key role in helping management to establish governance structures and growth plans, leading to more sustainable businesses," Essome said.
With investment figures increasing to about
At this upcoming conference, she said AVCA would launch the first ever pan-African survey focused on private equity. The survey would appraise the sentiments of investors from across the globe on private investment opportunities in
In addition to this, she explained the AVCA was working with the
Speakers expected at the conference are the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Mr.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party