Feb. 11--Technology trends such as "big data" and mobile media are translating into growing paychecks for some information technology professionals, according to Robert Half Technology, an IT staffing company with offices in Dayton and Cincinnati.
Employers are prepared to offer increased compensation to skilled IT and digital professionals who can keep information and networks secure, turn data into business intelligence and seize new opportunities in the mobile space, officials said.
Robert Half's "2014 Salary Guides" identified six roles that are expected to see the biggest increases in starting compensation this year: mobile applications developer, business intelligence analyst, information systems security manager, user experience designer, mobile designer, and user experience specialist.
Starting compensation for those jobs is expected to increase by as much as 7.8 percent, with mobile applications developer salaries ranging from $100,000 to $144,000, officials said.
(c)2014 the Dayton Daily News (Dayton, Ohio)
Visit the Dayton Daily News (Dayton, Ohio) at www.daytondailynews.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Original headline: BRIEF: Digital technology jobs to see big pay gains
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Lawful Immigrants Defend Driver's Licenses
- Arriola Takes Charge at SoCalGas