Samsung has unveiled a new hitech curved TV set that is expected to hit the market next month.
The UHT TV set is the first of its kind globally, according to
"It (curved screen) gives a great picture and enhanced viewing experience, its strong curve draws the human eye naturally, makes pictures more realistic and provides greater sense of depth," Ferreira explained during the
He added that one can also be able to search the Internet, watch TV and video clips at the same time, among other functions.
Ferreira said the electronics firm is looking to consolidate its position as a market leader in
Other products launched at the event include sleeker tablets, a hitech triangle air conditioner, a battery and solar-powered TV set targeted for people with no access to power grid, or those with unstable electricity supply, next generation still cameras, a four-door refrigerator, washing machines, video games and printers, among other products.
Meanwhile, Samsung is to focus on making tablets to tap into the growing market for content. The firm had previously favoured laptop production but now seems to be driven by shifting market trends that point to rising quest for content, an observer noted.
The electronics company is also planning to start making new age professional cameras for still and video photography.
The two-day annual
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- Darrell Issa Apologizes to Elijah Cummings
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits