After Salmond called Westminster politicians "out of touch and arrogant,"
The Scottish first minister rejected claims set out by Labour, the Liberal Democrats and the Conservatives that currency union would be bad for both nations as a "casual Westminster dismissal" and accused
Salmond cited positive findings from the Scottish government's fiscal commission and disputed Treasury claims that the Scottish banking sector is worth £1.89 trillion, claiming economists have allocated
He was also forced to respond to comments from the president of the EU,
"The decision is one for member states, but not to recognise the democratic will of
The uncertainty over
DEBATE: Page 21
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Lilo Comes Clean on Celebrity Sex List