The Government of
The concessional loan will support
Speaking after the signing event, the Minister of Finance and Economic Planning Claver Gatete noted that
"Increased electricity access create employment opportunities, increase off farm jobs, contribute to industrial development and reduce production costs through decreased electricity tariffs," Minister Gatete said.
AfDB country representative
"The support will help increase the country's renewable (hydro) electricity supply capacity to address the power deficit and allow expansion of energy access rate. It will also provide the opportunity to replace high cost thermal plants from the power systems, thereby lowering the cost of power generation,"
Rusumo Falls Hydroelectric Power Plant is a regional Project shared by
AFDB also finances the Electricity Access Rollout Program with total financing of
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?