The Romanian government will adopt on Wednesday, Feb 19, the Letter of Intent (LoI) drafted under the second quarterly review of the stand-by agreement with the IMF and will submit it to President Traian Basescu for endorsement, PM Victor Ponta announced as quoted by Adevarul daily.
Ponta explained that he has continued discussions with Basescu and assured him that the support scheme for low-income bank debtors is not part of the letter. As we reported, Basescu has fiercely criticised the scheme, reportedly aimed at helping the ruling coalition get more funds before the European and presidential elections.
The dispute between Basescu and Ponta prevented the smooth continuation of
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West