Trading volume reached 1.11 billion shares worth
All six counters were up.
"Favorable lending numbers from
These developments, he said, allowed the local equities to carry last week's momentum when the index finished the week with a 1.71-percent gain.
Calaycay also said the local bourse was also buoyed by the earnings of local firms which were in line with investors' expectations, allowing the index to breach the 6,170 interim resistance level.
"Trading in the next couple of weeks will focus on individual corporate profit numbers," he said.
Stocks in the 30-company index were up. These include
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion