Iranian researchers from
The nanoparticles can be used specifically in the production of lasers to improve the performance of optical lasers,
In this study, the researchers modified the structure and surface of zinc oxide nanoparticles to improve their optical properties and the performance of optical lasers with blue emission and visible spectrum.
In order to achieve their goals, the researchers first synthesized zinc oxide nanoparticles in the presence of surfactants with various electrostatic natures and indium ion.
Next, they characterized structural, surface and optical properties of the synthesized nanoparticles. The synthesized material showed blue photoluminescence emission with high intensity and also other visible colorful spectra, which makes it very appropriate for laser and optical purposes.
Taking into account the obtained results, various structures of nanoparticles can be easily produced depending on their applications. The nanoparticles enable the production of lasers that are able to emit blue light and other colors in visible spectra with high intensity.
On the other hand, the produced nanoparticles can be used in photodegradation of chemical pollutants under visible light, which is cheaper and safer than ultraviolet light.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic
- Castro Named as a Caress Fabulista
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide