After receiving numerous complaints from the general public and elected representatives, the
The officers, despite reportedly receiving salaries between
Five posts including managing, operations and finance directors, and human resources manager have been lying vacant for more than two months. The
Failing to deliver
Since its establishment in
According to sources, the employees of NSUSC have been divided into two groups and both groups keep themselves busy in trying to undermine the other rather than working. As if supply of contaminated water, over flowing drains and poor condition of sanitation was not enough to agitate the citizens in Sukkur, the utility has started to dig up roads and streets of the city to lay a water supply pipeline. Sources claimed the digging work is being carried out without any proper planning and resultantly the same roads and streets have been dug more than twice. The laying of these pipelines was to be completed by
Sources further claimed that most of the appointments in the utility have been made under political influence and such people are proving to be a burden to the utility because they refuse to perform their duties.
The ‘insider’ view
“What is the point of keeping officers that, despite drawing such large salaries, fail to live up to public expectations,” said Memon, admitting that NSUSC has failed to deliver. However, he added that corrective measures are being taken to improve the utility’s public image and service.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?