The ground plus two-floor centrally air-conditioned premises of the centre houses half a dozen specialized laboratories with advanced machines including those which work on a single atom. A dozen MPhil students along with four professors have started their work in the centre which is yet to be inaugurated formally.
"I am happy the hard work we have put in has been appreciated by the UGC experts. They have decided to give us an additional
"The centre which is located near the Exam House in Kalina campus has already installed laser Molecular Beam Epitaxy System, Pulse Laser Depositor, Glove-box, Scanning & Transmission electron microscopes - all worth between
The major thrust area of the lab would be the stem cell research mainly on bone marrow so as to develop low cost medicines for blood cancer, semiconductor base fabrication to develop efficient low cost solar cells and to develop highly efficient organic light emitting diode (OLED) so that mobile and laptops can work longer once charged, and preparing laser based lithography system, which would be the first in
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence