Briefing reporters on the issue at Bangladesh Secretariat, he also mentioned that a very small amount of the allocated fund for the project has been spent so far.
Only some amounts of allocated fund were spent for the construction of the approach road, Muhith said, adding that most of the fund remained unutilized in the current budget because the major contracts for the project were not awarded.
About the allocation of more funds for the project, he said that when the contractors are selected, they might seek advance payment for their work.
The Finance Minister said that about
He said the allocated fund will be sent to the banks and against this payment, foreign currency will be taken from the banks.
Official sources said the
Muhith said the construction expense of the
MuhiHe said the country’s foreign currency reserve stands at
“In any case, if the
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better
- China Slows Down: The Cohen Column
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- EPA Eases Back on Biofuels Mandate
- Biden Leaves Ukraine as Russian Invasion Threat Rises
- Stocks See 6th Gain in a Row on Solid Earnings
- Ellen DeGeneres Producing HGTV Series
- IRS Awards Bonuses to Employees Who Owe Back Taxes