The MOU is part of an overall effort of the Government of
It said the MOU exemplifies government's plan to decentralize some of its treasury functions to the counties to grow their capacity for fiscal decentralization as envisaged in the recently promulgated national policy on decentralization and local governance.
Out of 15 counties, the ministry says only nine are currently served by either commercial banks or the
To alleviate this problem, the
The ministry sees the offer for the commercial bank to partner with the government in operating the cash centers for mutual benefits as crucial, saying the centers need to be operated by a professional team.
"Paying civil servants in these areas of employment increases their purchasing power. It was in this vein that the
In this call, the
The Bank will empower the local people through the provision of loans and other financial services, while the government of
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter