The company already has a history of Animal Welfare Act violations, having paid out several thousand dollars in fines over the last decade. But now the antibodies producers are going to have to answer for their misdeeds in court. The company could have responded to the allegations in writing, but refused, and now a court date has been set for July.
Santa Cruz Biotech operates a ranch in
According to a series of
The advocacy group Stop Animal Exploitation Now! first brought attention to the company's pattern of abuse in 2011 after reading over a number of the
"I don't think what's going on is widely known in the scientific community,"
[The New Yorker]
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'