Profit-taking spree continued on
Benchmark KSE 100-Index fell 0.55 percent or 147.13 points to 26,394.13 Friday, compared with 26,541.26 points reported Thursday.
During the week ended
During Friday's session, the main index hit an intraday high of 26,618.17 points, as against an intraday low of 26,371.69 points.
Disappointed investors booked profits in
Trading volume shrank by 73.59 million shares to 202.55 million shares, turnover dropped
During the week, the market registered a total trading volume of 1.24 billion shares, with average daily volume at 318.38 million shares.
Among Friday's 385 active scrips, prices of 275 issues declined, 90 advanced, whereas 20 other companies stayed unchanged.
Rafhan Maize was the star performer with its price up
Most Popular Stories
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver