The board of directors meeting recommended a cash dividend of QR11 per share, equivalent to a total payout of QR6.7bn. In his comments issued to the Qatar Exchange after the group's first board of directors meeting for 2014, H E Dr
"These resolute financial results serve to vindicate the previous decisions of the board of directors to invest heavily in improving the efficiency of existing facilities and in expanding capacity, and lend support to the future investment plans as outlined in the recently announced group growth strategy — sustained growth throughout the commodity cycle can only be assured through judicious, yet bold, investment in improving capacity." Commenting on the financial results for the year, Abdulrahman
Revenue in the petrochemical segment for the year was QR5.4bn, an increase of QR0.6bn, or 12.3 percent, versus 2012. The fertiliser segment closed the year with revenue of QR6.1bn, up QR0.1bn, or 2.4 percent, on 2012. The moderate segmental improvement occurred as incremental urea sales volumes following the commercial launch of Qafco 5 and 6 during the second half of the previous year and subsequent ramp-up were largely negated by urea prices continuing their negative trend, in line with international prices, closing 17.9 percent down on 2012. Full year steel revenue was QR5.8bn, a decrease of QR0.3bn, or 5.4 percent, in comparison to 2012. On the group's profits and profitability,
The QR8bn net profit showed a decline of QR 0.4bn or 5.1 percent compared to the same period in 2012. Significant incremental depreciation and finance charges following the capitalisation of the new fertiliser and petrochemical assets in 2012 accounted for the additional movement in net profit vis-À-vis EBITDA. The Peninsula
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dies at 87
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?
- Chipotle Plans First Price Rise in 3 Years