The Managing Director of
Oyinloye, who spoke in
He, however, said that the DFIs have not played this role as expected.
He therefore, stressed the need for a new advocacy for finance institutions' sustainable participation in the real sector development and for government to appreciate their role.
"You can see the fact that the real sector has not grown as expected. It might also be directly or indirectly traceable to DFIs. If we know our roles as DFIs, we will double and recommit ourselves, and might be able to impact on the development of the real sector. When members know and appreciate their mandates, they begin to articulate policies and structure themselves to meet the needs of developing the real sector," Oyinloye said.
According to him,
"The tasks before us are enormous, but we must refocus ourselves towards achieving our collective and individual mandates. This will naturally give us a platform to further transform ANDFI into a key player to address issues concerning the real sector of the economy," he said.
Oyinloye, said ANDFI would partner governments at all levels for development, and urged various states' investment companies to seek membership and benefit from ANDFIs' coordinated development policy and project finance initiatives.
The new chairman, identified one of the challenges facing the association as the absence of internal cohesion for strong partnership with government. He therefore pledged to make ANDFI a strong voice in the development of the nation's real sector.
ANDFI comprises four development banks:
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- Chipotle Plans First Price Rise in 3 Years
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark