A four-day workshop on governance arranged for civil servants by the
Civil servants participating in the Mid-Career Management Course (MCMC) took part in the workshop.
ITU Vice Chancellor
The focus of the workshop was use of cell phones to gather, process and analyse data from the field pertinent to decision-making in government departments.
“We trained government employees in creating their own smart phone applications without requiring any real knowledge of programming knowledge,” said
The workshop began with the case study of the Dengue Monitoring System and moved on to a module on data collection, cleaning and integration. Participants were taught to develop data collection applications on Android smart phones, followed by lectures on data analysis. The final module discussed challenges which could come up in designing and implementation of the programme.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- U.S. Economy Added 175,000 Jobs in February
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Pussy Riot Members Attacked at McDonald's
- Darrell Issa Apologizes to Elijah Cummings