A string of positives from
As well as improved earnings and net asset value, the group upped its dividend per share by 8 per cent to
The stock was the top riser on the
Shares in fellow real estate groups,
"When you look at property, it's always a great barometer for confidence.
When you see the likes of (
No sectors were in negative territory and only 10 individual stocks fell.
Volumes were relatively subdued on the
Miners rose 1.5 per cent after data showed banks in
The news was the latest sign of calm in emerging markets, concerns over which knocked 6 per cent off the
So-called cyclical stocks in the basic materials, financial and energy sectors, which tend to rise with optimism over the economy, combined to add over 32 points to the index.
Strength in the miners helped the
"I'm interested in the rally we're seeing in materials companies, which are one of the better performing sectors of the year, having been the worst, globally, last year," said
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power