A string of positives from
As well as improved earnings and net asset value, the group upped its dividend per share by 8 per cent to
The stock was the top riser on the
Shares in fellow real estate groups,
"When you look at property, it's always a great barometer for confidence.
When you see the likes of (
No sectors were in negative territory and only 10 individual stocks fell.
Volumes were relatively subdued on the
Miners rose 1.5 per cent after data showed banks in
The news was the latest sign of calm in emerging markets, concerns over which knocked 6 per cent off the
So-called cyclical stocks in the basic materials, financial and energy sectors, which tend to rise with optimism over the economy, combined to add over 32 points to the index.
Strength in the miners helped the
"I'm interested in the rally we're seeing in materials companies, which are one of the better performing sectors of the year, having been the worst, globally, last year," said
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party