DIGITAL currency Bitcoin slumped to new lows yesterday as problems continued with the largest online exchange for the coins.
Its fortunes contrasted starkly with the price of gold which shot up again on the day on fears the US recovery may be slowing.
The exchange Mt Gox has been the most popular for Bitcoin trading, but has suffered problems with withdrawals of the cryptocurrency.
The trouble hit demand for the coins, driving the price down to a low of as little as
The current figure is less than half the price on other exchanges.
Meanwhile, the gold price increased 0.9 per cent to hit a three-month high, breaking the
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security