ENP Newswire -
Release date- 14022014 -
The company has been working closely with the
Currently under construction are two
DC power technology already has been assessed and proven at low power levels in the Electrical Ship Technology Demonstrator at Whetstone, a facility managed by
The project aims are to engineer DC distribution architectures for a variety of platforms and to identify potential equipment common building blocks with the aim of developing a technology roadmap to bring DC technology to maturity. It is expected that this will enable the MoD to have a choice of DC distribution medium to compare to conventional AC distribution for future platforms. GE is hopeful that the project will lead to the construction of a full-scale technology demonstrator.
'We have the suitably qualified and experienced personnel necessary to develop the technology to provide the MoD with a mature DC technology option for their future platforms,' says
As indicated, the
DC distribution has been a consistent theme throughout the
'DC architecture shows great promise,' added Dannatt. 'We think it could become a clear contender as the distribution medium for future IFEP systems in a wide range of naval ships.'
GE's Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electrification of the world's energy infrastructure by designing and delivering advanced motor, drive and control technologies that evolve today's industrial processes for a cleaner, more productive future. Serving specialized sectors such as energy, marine, oil and gas, renewables and industry, through customized solutions and advanced technologies,
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com.
Tel: +33 1 53 59 28 44
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?