THREE ex-Barclays traders were charged in relation to the fraud squad's
The action doubles the number of financiers facing criminal proceedings over the attempts to manipulate the key inter-bank lending rate, after a former UBS banker and two ex-RP Martin brokers were charged last year.
It is understood that more exbankers and brokers are likely to be charged this month.
Johnson and Mathew worked at Barclays until
At the time
Barclays was the first bank to pay a fine over allegations of attempted
The case led to the resignation of then-CEO
Since then bank including UBS and RBS have also been fined, while brokers including
Last year the SFO charged ex-UBS trader
The first hearing for the former Barclays traders is expected to be at Westminster Magistrates on 26 February. Lawyers for the three were unavailable to discuss the case.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March