British regulators said Monday they will file charges against three former Barclays employees suspected of manipulating a global benchmark interest rate.
The Serious Fraud Office said that
Johnson, Mathew and Contogoulas are to appear in Magistrate's Court in
The conspiracy to defraud occurred between
The agency did not provide more information about its case.
The new criminal proceedings are the latest development in a broadening investigation into the manipulation of important interest rates.
Some of the world's largest banks caught in the scandal have agreed to pay billions of dollars to settle allegations with regulators in
In December, a former derivatives trader at UBS and
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday