Presenting the interim budget in the Parliament, Chidambaram said: "Let me begin with the good news. Fiscal deficit for 2013-14 will be contained at 4.6% of GDP, well below the red line that I had drawn last year."
He further said: "We shall not, we shall never do anything to damage the economy."
Talking about the foreign exchange reserves, Chidambaram said, "Expect to add
Most Popular Stories
- Menendez Introduces Tough Sanctions Against Russia
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Republican Jolly Wins Fla. Special Election
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- World Wide Web Turns 25
- Clarke Replaces Perez at Eastman Kodak
- Vestas Ramps Up Hiring to Build Wind Turbines
- Obama Seeks Overtime Pay for Salaried Workers
- Justin Bieber Comes Between Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez