TRADING technology firm
The group paid out another special dividend of 45p per share, while its final dividend was flat at 37p per share.
"2013 has seen the first real improvement in the trading conditions faced by our customers since the start of the financial crisis over five years ago," said Aspinwall.
"Looking further ahead, we believe that as stability and opportunity return to the markets, the headwind reduction, coupled with further openings as our multiasset initiative gains momentum, will enable us to return to growth levels closer to those we have seen in the past."
ANALYST VIEWS By Oliver Smith WHAT DID YOU MAKE OF FIDESSA GROUP'S RESULTS YESTERDAY? GEORGE O'CONNOR PANMURE GORDON There is of course the special dividend and the broadly positive outlook statement (quelle surprise) - things are getting better. There are two flies in the ointment, currency headwinds denting growth, and buy-side missed our estimates. We need firmer evidence before we change our stance.
ANDREW DARLEY FINNCAP Fidessa's prelims show performance broadly in line with our forecasts, with continued but gradually declining growth headwinds albeit that some of the impact of customer attrition in 2013 will flow through into 2014. The dividend is importantly as expected.
DAVID TOMS NUMIS The fifth special dividend in a row. Management are incrementally more upbeat about trading and imply around five per cent underlying revenue growth in full year 2014, albeit offset by currency headwinds, giving a flat year in revenue and profit terms. There is significant long-term value here.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?