A total of 964,648 CDS accounts were opened in 2008, the highest in the bourse's history, helped by initial public offerings by
Last year, the CDSC embarked on the final leg of the process of dematerialisation - moving the capital markets from paper-based transactions and physical certificates into electronic - which started back in 2004.
"A total of 179,549 new CDS accounts were opened in the year 2013 ... mainly due to the dematerialisation process," the
The process was concluded on
The number of listed companies on the Nairobi Securities Exchange remained flat at 61 as the year before, factoring in the delisting of AccessKenya after it was taken over by
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU
- Disney Lays Off 700 From Interactive Unit