Experts say 2014 is the time to focus on improving patient safety and the patient experience — and many vendors are already falling in line. As medical imaging companies work on radiation dose reduction, the performance of their equipment must not dip as well. The goal is for the technology to have a positive impact on not just individuals, but the public as well. While adoption of these technologies rises, the benefits of radiation reduction will expand to hospitals and other medical facilities that buy updated diagnostic equipment and tools.
SMi's 10th annual imaging conference will provide attendees with a comprehensive insight into the industry and its future. We will be considering the current landscape of personalised imaging within the field of oncology, as research suggests healthcare that is inherently more ‘personal’ is the way forward. In addition, this year’s event will explore current and future legislation and its impact on imaging. The use of imaging in clinical trials will also be examined and discussed together with the use of novel biomarkers.
Assess the value of imaging from a keynote address by Dr
• Regulation – a help or a hindrance in medical research?
• The importance of imaging in assessing the efficacy and safety of medicines.
• Can we do better?
This year's conference highlights include:
• Exploring new opportunities for cost-effective imaging management
• Discovering new alternatives to expensive independent reviews – hear from globally recognised experts
• Discussing & debating case studies, challenges and opportunities in imaging guidelines featuring
• Gaining insight into the challenges of imaging in
• Evaluating & strategizing the power of imaging
• Dr Azeem Saleem, Head of Oncology Applications,
• Lori Dodd, PhD, Biostatistics Research Branch,
• Dr Marijn Vlaming, Research Scientist, TNO
• Prash Krishna, Global Clinical Leader - Oncology,
• Pallavi Chaturvedi,
• Francois Lassailly, Head of in Vivo Imaging, Cancer Research
• Dr Malcom Barratt-Johnson, Managing Director,
To view the full speaker line-up and conference programme, visit http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2014cancer-imaging27.asp.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11589476.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Lawful Immigrants Defend Driver's Licenses
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students