He said though Tamale was a Metropolis, it was bedevilled with poverty, disease and poor education and sanitation infrastructure, which needed more development aid from the country's donor partners.
Mr Gundado made the appeal on Thursday when a team from the
The team was in the Metropolis to inspect
Mr Gundado said, "Even though we are a Metropolis, we are surrounded by poor communities who need aid urgently to improve education, sanitation, economic and other income generating facilities to improve their standard of living. I therefore plead with the
He said the
He said Tamale was the gateway to the three northern regions and a safe haven for businesses adding that Tamale had also been adjudged the cleanest city in
"We are so far satisfied with what we have seen in graphic pictures of your ongoing projects and I will urge you to keep it up", he said.
Mr Gundado later led the team to inspect some of the ongoing and completed projects in the Metropolis.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text