Savoia, 55, was still wearing the raccoon coat he was wearing the last time he was seen alive early Thursday, the
The newspaper's sources said police suspected Savoia, known for his art deco-style clothing, had been drinking and didn't think his death involved foul play, the newspaper said. The newspaper said a source said the designer had survived a recent tumble into the river while drunk.
"I knew he was in that water. I am so glad they found his body," Savoia's girlfriend,
"It's icy, snowy and windy. And the water was really, really rough.
"I messaged him Thursday to check on him, [writing] 'Are you OK in the storm?' I didn't hear from him.
"He seemed so invincible. It shouldn't have ended like this for him. It is so tragic."
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence