Last year was big for
That was the upbeat message from the company's South African General Manager
Admittedly, that global runners-up spot still leaves them a fairly distant third, but when you zoom in on
With the launch of the high end and pricey 1520 - don't expect much change for R10 000 if you pay cash, although you can get it on a monthly contract for R499 -
My first impressions of the 1520, based on the short time I got to spend with it at the Joburg launch, are very favourable, but then I do like big phones - I own the Note 3, after all. That said, it's surprisingly slim and doesn't feel over heavy in the hand, and all that extra screen real estate is a boon to browse the web or watch videos. And a gorgeous slab of glass it is too, boasting 1080p, full-HD resolution.
The bigger display has also allowed
I'd love to tell you more about the 1520, especially its impressive photographic capabilities thanks to a 20 megapixel Pureview snapper, but I'm running out of space, so I'll save that for my upcoming full review -
And while I am impressed by the 1520, I'm actually more excited by
I need to spend more time with the Asha phones but predict they'll be hard to beat on price.
If 2014 is to be a huge year for
For more details and pictures visit alanqcooper.tumblr.com or follow @alanqcooper on Twitter.
Most Popular Stories
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Obama Imposes Sanctions on Russian Officials
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- Ford Flies High on Speed
- 'Walking Dead' Takes a Shocking Turn: Recap