According to the report, the situation at the exchange market became stable. The difference between sale and purchase price of USD is below
Meanwhile, the head of NBK Kairat Kelimbetov spoke in favor of de-dollarization of 'mentality'. He explained that the government and the NBK are going to press on to de-dollarize the economy and discourage the population from relying on the USD on everyday basis. He appraised the level of dollarization at 40%. Kelimbetov also expressed vie that exchange booths operating at 24/7 are useful for people who want to hide their income. He suggested that exchange operation should be carries only by the banks.
The statement reflects frustration of the head of the NBK who went under strong criticism from the society as only few weeks before he had stated that there were no basis for devaluation of the national currency. In result of anger among the society, the NBK set exchange rate at
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March