Its executive chairman Datuk Khairol Anuar Tawi said the company plans to focus on the prepaid sector in
"We can provide our solutions for telecommunication providers. Mobile subscribers here (in
Khairol Anuar was part of the trade and investment mission to
The 30-strong delegation, which includes SME Corp Malaysia chief executive officer
Khairol Anuar said the SME-based trade mission opened up the markets in
"KAT is looking at opportunities in this market? we will market and expose ourselves to the business community here (in
"One of the agendas is to collaborate with large companies to enhance our current business and also work with Indian partners to access the Indian market," he said.
Khairol Anuar founded KAT in 1994 and became the pioneer in distributing prepaid starter packs, physical and softpin prepaid recharge services for Celcom in 1999. Its existing customers include TM and Tune Talk.
The company has since established a network of distributors nationwide and manufactured phone cards, and subsequently, the chip-embedded smart cards.
"Now, we sell
He added that the company designs its own supply-chain management technology.
The company's technology ensures the most efficient and effective distribution of its principal products in the designated markets.
"Our software is able to study the trend, conduct market analysis and help distributors to improve efficiency of their businesses," he said.
Khairol Anuar said distribution of prepaid cards will still be the company's core business.
At the same time, the company is looking at how it can apply its existing technology to other businesses.
The forward-looking KAT was the Enterprise 50 Award winner in 2012. Last year, its Distribution Management System has won the Silver Award at The Star Business Awards in the Best Innovation Category.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder