Outstanding Central Government Debt increased by 3.1 bln in 2013 to reach 18.15 bln from 15.04 bln at the end of 2012, according to provisional figures in the quarterly bulletin of the
According to data and not including intra liabilities of the central government, public debt rose in the fourth quarter of 2013 by 70 mln compared with the third quarter of the year, when the debt stood at 18.08 bln.
Moreover, according to the data on the evolution of public debt, from 2000 to 2013, the central government debt increased by about 12 bln.
According to the Ministry, the third disbursement from the European Stability Mechanism was completed at the end of December for 100 mln. This tranche will be repaid in 2029.
The IMF also executed its third tranche under the Extended Fund Facility for
During the same month loan disbursements for infrastructure projects from the
The issuances and rollovers of short term securities continued throughout the quarter.
The weighted average cost for Treasury Bills fell slightly from 4,81% at the end of the previous quarter to 4,72 % by the end of the year.
The stock of short term debt, in the form of Treasury Bills and Euro Commercial Papers, was reduced from 854 mln at the start of the quarter to 755 mln at its end.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better