But while no rate cuts are expected soon, the minimum reserve requirements can be further reduced, he added. The central bank plans further cuts in the reserve requirements in order to stimulate growth, Olteanu explained.
Given the current developments at the local and international level, the central bank expects to maintain the interest rate at this level [3.5%] for a long period of time, the central bank's official affirmed.
The monetary authority also reduced in
The low inflation allows the central bank to further relax the monetary policy, Olteanu stressed.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder