Turkish banking sector's net profit rose 5.1% y/y to TRY 24.73bn (
Net interest income of banks increased 9.8% y/y to TRY 57.4bn while loans grew 31.8% y/y to TRY 1.05tn last year. Consumer loans rose 27.8% y/y to TRY 248bn while commercial loans increased 34.9% y/y to TRY 444bn. Loans to SMEs increased 35.9% y/y to TRY 271.4bn. Deposits collected by local banks recorded a 22.5% y/y rise, reaching TRY 945.8bn. The capital adequacy ratio in the sector was 15.3% at the end of 2013, down from 17.9% a year earlier.
Non-performing loans grew 26.4% y/y to TRY 29.6bn, corresponding to a NPL/total loan ratio of 2.7% at the end of 2013.
There are 49 banks in
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation